Work In Beaufort
The Lowcountry is Open for Business.
The Beaufort Region of South Carolina is just the place to start, grow or relocate your business.
The Beaufort Region offers a business-friendly environment in a beautiful coastal setting that is capable to handle the demands of a growing regional, national and international economy.
Ideally located between the ports and airports of Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC, and minutes away from Interstate 95, we are the ideal location to grow your business.
With direct flights to Atlanta, Charlotte, Washington, DC, New York, and Chicago out of Hilton Head Island Airport, there is better access to the Lowcountry than ever before.
The Beaufort Regional Chamber of Commerce supports the creation of new and better jobs and investment in Beaufort County. The Chamber works closely with its local, regional and state partners, both public and private, to fulfill its mission.
Strengths of Economic Base
- Locational proximity between two major ports in Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA
- Desirable and convenient geographic location
- Located within the Aerospace Corridor of the southeast
- Strong base of healthcare and hospitality industries
- A growing diversity of new business startups
- Community of defense contracting businesses
- Executives attracted to Lowcountry environment and lifestyle
- 3 military installations including the Marine Corps Air Station with the addition of F-35 operations and training facilities
- Strong available transitioning military workforce
Business Climate and Costs
- Positive real estate market
- Affordable cost of physical infrastructure, property and utilities
- Investments being made in developing industrial parks, larger scale business parks, and distribution facilities in the region
- Attractive property tax incentives
- Assistance available for job training
Climate of Entrepreneurship
- Small business support from the USCB Small Business Development Center
- Business incubation support for technology firms available through the Don Ryan Center for Innovation
- The Beaufort Digital Corridor is a creative effort to attract, nurture and promote Beaufort’s knowledge economy.
- Highly active and effective SCORE Chapter
- Many successful locally grown companies leading the way
Workforce & Education
- Steady flow of trained and experienced transitioning military personnel and spouses readily available in the Region
- University of South Carolina at Beaufort (USC-B)
- Collaborative Pipeline Programs linking K-12, Technical College of the Lowcountry and USC-B
- Strong Technical College of the Lowcountry
- Popular destination for skilled and experienced retirees
- Community recruitment victory of the University of South Carolina Beaufort’s Hilton Head Gateway Campus, South Carolina’s newest 4-year college
- Early college and career programs
- Direct interstate connections between the Savannah-Hilton Head International Airport and the Port of Savannah and outward to major US markets via Interstate 95 and US Highway 17
- Advantageous position between two major US ports, Savannah and Charleston
- For the SCDOC Buildings and Sites Locator, Click Here
- Business parks and industrial sites convenient and affordable
- Major logistics and warehousing potential
- Utility services ample to meet strong future growth needs
Top 20 Employers
- ATLANTIC PERSONNEL INC.
- BEAUFORT COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT
- BEAUFORT MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
- CARECORE NATIONAL LLC
- COUNTY OF BEAUFORT
- CYPRESS CLUB INC.
- DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE
- HARGRAY COMMUNICATIONS GROUP INC
- LOWES HOME CENTERS INC
- MARINE CORPS COMMUNITY SERVICES
- MARRIOTT RESORTS HOSP CORP
- MONTAGE HOTELS AND RESORTS LLC
- PUBLIX SUPER MARKETS INC
- SEA PINES RESORT LLC
- SONESTA INTERNATIONAL HOTELS CORPORATION
- TECHNICAL COLLEGE OF THE LOWCOUNTRY
- TENET PHYSICIAN SVCS OF HILTON HEAD
- THE GREENERY INC
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA
- WAL-MART ASSOCIATES INC