The Lowcountry is Open for Business
The Beaufort Region of South Carolina is just the place to start, grow or relocate your business offering a business-friendly environment in a beautiful coastal setting that is capable to handle the demands of a growing regional, national and international economy.
Ideally located between the ports and airports of Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC, and minutes away from Interstate 95, we are the ideal location to grow your business.
The Beaufort Regional Chamber of Commerce is here to facilitate the creation of new and better jobs and investment in Beaufort County. Here on our website, you will find extensive information on starting or doing business in Beaufort County, along with a listing of available buildings and sites. The Chamber works closely with its local, regional and state partners, both public and private, to fulfill its mission.
Please contact the Beaufort County Economic Development Corporation.
- Site location consulting including available land, existing buildings and build-to-suit facilities
- Alignment with state and local workforce development resources
- Gathering and providing information regarding demographics and statistics
- Regional site visits for business site selection
- Incentive analysis, guidance and preparation
- Planning and permitting assistance and direction
- Advocacy for economic development and business
- Steady flow of trained and experienced transitioning military personnel and spouses readily available in the Region
- University of South Carolina at Beaufort (USC-B)
- Collaborative Pipeline Programs linking K-12, Technical College of the Lowcountry and USC-B
- Strong Technical College of the Lowcountry
- Popular destination for skilled and experienced retirees
- Community recruitment victory of the University of South Carolina Beaufort’s Hilton Head Gateway Campus, South Carolina’s newest 4-year college
- Early college and career programs
Strengths of Economic Base:
- Locational proximity between two major ports in Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA
- Desirable and convenient geographic location
- Located within the Aerospace Corridor of the southeast
- Strong base of healthcare and hospitality industries
- A growing diversity of new business startups
- Community of defense contracting businesses
- Executives attracted to Lowcountry environment and lifestyle
- 3 military installations including the Marine Corps Air Station with the addition of F-35 operations and training facilities
- Strong available transitioning military workforce
Business Climate and Costs:
- Positive real estate market
- Affordable cost of physical infrastructure, property and utilities
- Investments being made in developing industrial parks, larger scale business parks, and distribution facilities in the region
- Attractive property tax incentives
- Assistance available for job training
Climate of Entrepreneurship:
- Small business support from the USCB Small Business Development Center
- Business incubation support for technology firms available through the Don Ryan Center for Innovation
- The Beaufort Digital Corridor is a creative effort to attract, nurture and promote Beaufort’s knowledge economy.
- Highly active and effective SCORE Chapter
- Many successful locally grown companies leading the way
- Direct interstate connections between the Savannah-Hilton Head International Airport and the Port of Savannah and outward to major US markets via Interstate 95 and US Highway 17
- Advantageous position between two major US ports, Savannah and Charleston
- For the SCDOC Buildings and Sites Locator, Click Here
- Business parks and industrial sites convenient and affordable
- Major logistics and warehousing potential
- Utility services ample to meet strong future growth needs
Top 20 Employers
- Ann Taylor Retail, Inc.
- ARSC Service Corporation
- Beaufort County School District
- Beaufort Memorial Hospital
- CareCore National, LLC.
- Columbia Sussex Corporation
- County of Beaufort
- Cypress Club, Inc.
- Department of Defense
- GMRI, Inc.
- Hargray Communications Group, Inc.
- Marine Corps Community Services
- Marriott Resorts Hosp. Corp.
- National Health Corporation
- OS Restaurant Services, Inc.
- Publix Super Markets, Inc.
- Sea Pines Resort, LLC.
- Tenet Physician Services of Hilton Head
- The Greenery, Inc.
- WAL-MART Associates, Inc